I produced my logo as the first piece of work as that is the connector of everything, the logo will be used on the CV, business card, and portfolio so I needed to get this right before engaging in anything else. I developed my original idea and sent out a few emails asking for feedback on it, I only received 1 email back from http://www.brandglue.co.uk/.
- They liked the design itself but recommended moving away from the very static DS, instead producing a more abstract, unrecognisable design that could be used as a better icon.
- They also recommended adopting a more vibrant colour scheme, still creating black & white variations of the new one, but using colour in the logo allows the remaining products to include colour.
With this feedback I went back to the drawing board and redesigned a logo which is the current iteration I’m using now.
Once I had converted logo, I resent a similar email to the same companies asking for the same feedback, before continuing with the other components. Once again I only received 1 reply from the same company…
- They much preferred this design, liking the instantly unrecognisable DS but not so un-obvious that it doesn’t make sense.
- They liked the orange, and how it worked against the grey.
- They said for the logo that includes my name, to reduce the size of the logo above it and re-evaluate the text, although they liked the font.
I am happy I asked for a professional opinion as I think the outcome has really improved my logo design. I like the current one much more than the previous, however, wouldn’t have changed without prompting. Even the little details that helped, like changing the text has really improved the look of it.