I sent my business card, CV, and portfolio in an email to a bunch of graphic design agencies nationwide in order to gain feedback on the quality of my work. Describing the project and the ideas behind each design, I wanted to hear their honest opinion on whether they would see something like this in industry. From the 14 emails to different companies I sent out, I only received 3 responses: http://oysterdesign.co.uk/, http://designamite.co.uk/ and
This part looks into the feedback received for my CV:
- They really liked the folded leaflet concept. It was described as a narrative, going through it in stages. Also referring to it as fresh and different, meaning people are more likely to pick it up.
- I was told the ‘About me’ section wasn’t up-to-scratch, and told it would be wise to change it so it sells myself better.
- A few blank spaces to fill up. (Except the area where the business card goes, but that was explained to them.)
- Liked how it worked well with the business card.
- They all liked the overall design, describing it as very neat and effective, gets all of the relevant information across in a unique style.